We have been honoured by The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, winning of the Awards he bestows on some of the capital’s dedicated volunteers and community groups.
The awards recognise exceptional Londoners who are committed to making the city a better place – from individuals who have spent decades helping charities to volunteer groups supporting their local communities.
Nominated by other Londoners, this year’s winners include Beni Mondua, who has helped young people transform their lives through boxing at Box Up Crime in Barnet, and Sue Rezai, whose hard work with Quo Vadis Trust, in Ealing, helped to renovate a garden to create a community space and improve mental health through gardening.
This year the Mayor’s Volunteering Awards has two additional categories honouring Londoners working hard across the faith sectors, and the contribution of young volunteers.
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, said: “It’s so important to celebrate the wonderful work of our city’s volunteers and community groups. Volunteering presents opportunities for all Londoners to have their voices heard and make a real difference to our communities at a time when we’ve seen key support services cut back. To all the nominees and winners, and to the countless other volunteers who generously dedicate themselves to helping fellow Londoners: thank you.”
The full list of winners in the Building Stronger Communities category were:
- Tommy Anderson Waltham Forest Community Hub
- Bulend Murad City and Hackney Carers Centre
- James Fox All Souls Ivybridge/Bridgelink Community Centre (Winner)
- David Roberts Colindale Communities Trust
- Christmas Day Dinner Richmond (Winner)
- St Raphael’s Hospice Orangery Volunteers
- Ilford Salvation Army Shelter Volunteers
- ActiveNewham Volunteers
- Ark Academy’s North London Citizens (School winners
… so we were in great company!
If you’d like to support us there are a number of easy ways:
3. Or if you’d like to sign up to fundraise for the Richmond Christmas Day Dinner through you on-line shopping you can do that by clicking here
If you register and use Richmond Christmas Day Dinner (Christmas Day Richmond is how we are registered) then away you go.